Boarding schools for troubled teens are some of the most effective solutions to helping youth with their emotional, behavioral and mental health issues. Liahona Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that welcomes teenage boys from across the country for professional help in a safe and secure setting. When troubled teens can get their lives back on track. At Liahona Academy, we take great pride in being an outstanding therapeutic boarding school that can change troubled teen boys like yours into positive and productive young men.
To learn more about what the programs we offer at Liahona Academy, please call us at 1-800-675-8101.
Why Liahona Academy?
Therapeutic boarding schools can be found in nearly every state, but few have the success rate that Liahona Academy does. At schools like Liahona Academy, we help teen boys work on their individual issues for as long as it takes to start the healing process. We know how important it is to have a safe and structured living environment where kids can get regular therapy, make new friends, stay caught up on academics and start to see real changes.
Because Utah has some of the strictest laws in the country when it comes to regulating teen help facilities, you can have peace of mind knowing that your troubled teen son is getting professional help in a therapeutic boarding school that adheres to the highest of standards. Utah is also centrally located so it is just a short drive or flight from anywhere in the country. Our rugged desert scenery also provides plenty of recreation opportunities, and the seclusion and scenery are second to none. No matter what state troubled boys come from, they can find help in Utah at Liahona Academy.
Benefits of Our Therapeutic Boarding School for Boys
Troubled teens of today deal with all kinds of emotional, behavioral or mental health issues. Common challenges we see in teens at Liahona Academy include ADD/ADHD, anxiety, abuse trauma, substance abuse, adoption or abandonment issues, low self-esteem, depression, oppositional defiant disorder, anger issues and more. Once your teen son's specific issue has been diagnosed, you can enroll him in Liahona Academy, where he will get the help he needs.
We are a licensed and certified troubled teenager therapeutic boarding school with an excellent program designed to blend therapy, academics, positive peer pressure and recreation to give troubled teen boys like yours a highly successful treatment that makes them proud of each accomplishment. An added bonus is that we are located in Utah, a state with exceptionally high standards when it comes to regulating the teen help industry. It's also an effective part of rehabilitation to get your troubled teen boys away from his home city and state, into a new environment where he can start over and be exposed to new people and ideas.
Below, you’ll find a few reasons why Liahona Academy is so successful as a boarding high school for troubled teens:
- Licensed and certified professionals are employed as therapists and counselors. The level of care and concern that Liahona Academy staff members have for the youth in their care is unmatched.
- Group and individual therapy sessions give troubled teen boys a chance to gain significant ground in rehabilitation. No matter what range of issues that troubled teens face, there is help for them at Liahona Academy.
- Academics area a big part of the program at Liahona Academy and the goal is to get troubled youth at or above grade level performance.
- Job skills and independent living is emphasized so that troubled teens can transition effectively from adolescence to adulthood.
- Recreational therapy gives troubled teens a chance to experience the beauty and adventure in life. Southern Utah's desert landscape provides the teens with opportunities in hiking, camping, water sports, skiing, biking, rock climbing, fishing and more.
It's easy for parents to see that when their troubled teenage boys join us at Liahona Academy, they will eventually leave with new methods to deal with their issues, proper schooling, coping skills for how to overcome life’s challenges, and move to the next phase of life in a healthy way. The success rate of program graduates is high and here at Liahona Academy, we are proud of each and every one.
Who Needs Boarding Schools For Troubled Teens?
Teens are faced with a number of challenges as they navigate the path from adolescence to adulthood. Sometimes, bad behavior plus emotional and mental health issues can lead to bad choices and serious consequences. Here are just a few of the challenges that today's teenagers face:
- Substance abuse: Nearly 37% of American high school seniors report using alcohol in the past month while 27 percent of all high school students report using illicit drugs over the past year.
- Suicide: For American teens ages 14-17, it is the third leading cause of death.
- Depression: Studies show that 1 in 12 American teens may suffer from clinical depression.
- ADD/ADHD: Approximately 6.4 million American children from ages 4-17 have been diagnosed to date, and there is a 42% increase in diagnoses over the past 8 years.
- Juvenile arrest rates: U.S. juvenile arrest rates for 2012 were 182 arrests for every 100,000 youth ages 10-17.
- Teen pregnancy: 273,105 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years in 2013, meaning there was a live birth rate of 26.5 per 1,000 women.
- Graduation rate: 20% of all American teenagers don't graduate from high school.
At Liahona Academy, we have 15 years of experience in helping troubled teenagers help them overcome the challenges of today. Our unique approach has been proven successful time and time again, with hundreds of teens and their families reporting long-term success. In short, teen boys from across the country can find hope and healing at Liahona Academy.
Of All the Boarding Schools for Troubled Teens, Choose Liahona Academy
Therapeutic boarding schools for troubled teens like Liahona Academy may be the solution you are seeking when it comes to getting professional help for your teen. Therapeutic boarding schools for troubled teens offers kids a new start and the chance to leave bad habits behind. Besides blending therapy, academics and recreation and life skills our caring and qualified staff know what it takes to provide a stable, supportive atmosphere for teen boys to get their lives back on track. From ADD/ADHD and oppositional defiance disorder to substance abuse and depression, teens who struggle in a traditional environment can really find a way to thrive at Liahona Academy.
To learn more about or therapeutic boarding school for boys, please call Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101. We are ready to help your son go from struggling to successful.