If you are struggling with disciplining your teen son, but he is still out-of-control and rebellious, you might wonder what you should do next. You are understandably concerned that continued destructive behavior could lead to his expulsion from school or even lead to run-ins with the criminal justice system. You might feel at a complete loss for options. However, when troubled California boys have lost control, consider therapeutic boarding school in Utah. Sometimes your child might benefit from transferring out of state to a completely different environment where no one knows him or his difficult history. This will give him a chance for a fresh start and a new beginning.
The professionals at a therapeutic boarding school have the background and experience to understand and work with your son. They have dealt with all kinds of problems in out-of-control boys including:
- Wrong friends and influences
- Experimentation in risky behaviors
- Juvenile delinquency
- Truancy and
- At-risk behaviors at school.
As they work with your son, they will help you regain control of your life and your home by addressing his issues so that your family can return to the peace that you value for all of your sakes.
Signs that Your Teenage Boy Might Be Out of Control
1. He refuses to respond to the most basic request but instead threatens you or other family members and creates an atmosphere of stress or fear.
2. His behavior has significantly changed for the worse, which might include:
- Memory loss
- Emotional state of mind
- Eating habits and
- Excessive or no sleep.
3. He demonstrates open rebellion with little regard for the consequences.
4. He ignores all rules at home.
5. He displays self-mutilating behaviors and threatens suicide or is involved in serious substance abuse or risky sexual behavior.
6. He treats pets, property, siblings, friends, and others with no regard and acts like the center of the universe.
7. He has failed to respond to months of counseling.
8. He distances himself from the family and says or acts like he hates you.
9. He associates with friends who are involved in similar destructive attitudes and behaviors.
If your troubled California boy has lost control, consider therapeutic boarding school in Utah as a possible option.
Hope for Your Out-of-Control Son
One of the main pillars of support that we provide for parents is the understanding that they are not alone. Other parents with teen sons who are self-destructive have been in similar situations but have overcome their challenges. There is hope for your troubled child. While each case is different, and we cannot make specific promises regarding outcomes, we have seen wonderful transformations, including:
- Restoring healthy and functional family relationships
- Academic success and enjoyment of school
- Tackling addictive and dysfunctional behaviors and developing new coping strategies
- A safe transition back to the family, vocational school, college or a job and most importantly,
- A thriving, functioning and happy teen who is now a contributing member of society.
You can check with other parents and teens who have completed our therapeutic boarding school to hear their stories of overcoming difficult struggles. Connecting with other families can reassure you of the effectiveness of our program.