- A chance for teens to get away from the surroundings that they associate with negative triggers and temptations. Each boy is able to start over with a clean slate.
- Parents and teens can get some distance from each other and the cycle of power struggles they have fallen into. Each party is guided toward dealing with personal challenges and better communication skills for a healthier relationship.
- Teens are housed, monitored and coached in safe and supportive surroundings while parents get some respite and a chance to recover from the constant worry and stress.
Liahona Academy Is Uniquely Qualified To Help Troubled Teen BoysLiahona Academy has long been a more effective destination for teens than the behavior schools for troubled boys in Ohio. We have spent almost 15 years developing an ideal environment for boys dealing with issues like substance abuse, defiance, depression, self-harm and mental disorders. Some of the ways we are unique are:
- We offer a specially designed behavior modification therapy program that addresses the need for teens to learn how to trade bad behavior for good. We implement a consistent system of positive reinforcement and consequences until teens are able to self-correct for better decision making.
- Our “hands-on” experiential therapy curriculum incorporates a wide variety of experiences and activities designed to engage teen boys and maintain their interest. In addition to regular therapy, including group, individual and family we also provide regular recreational activities that boost self-esteem and allow teens to practice positive interaction with peers and authority figures.
- We believe that each troubled teen requires regular one-on-one attention in order to be able to address the root of his problems. Our qualified and experienced counselors and therapists work daily with each boy to ensure that his individual plan of care is maintained and reevaluated as he works his way through the program.
- Our exceptional academic program is accredited and overseen by licensed tutors and instructors that work individually with each student to ensure that they are able to progress at their own pace.
- Each state has different laws that govern the teen help industry, which means that many parents throughout the country must look elsewhere for the best care. Utah currently has the strictest and most comprehensive laws regulating safety, accreditation and licensing, making it a popular destination.
Leave a Reply