Mental Health Treatment for Teen Boys at Liahona Treatment CenterLast Updated: February 18, 2022 Teen boys can have a number of mental health and issues related to addictions. This can affect his personal mental health, cause development issues, and affect his relationships. As parents it can be difficult to know what the problem is, if it is a “phase”, or if it is a serious issue that requires treatment. Then parents have to decide if they believe their son does need treatment what treatment setting will be right and effective for their son. If as a parent you believe your son is exhibiting symptoms and may be in need of treatment, contact Liahona and see if Liahona is the right treatment setting for you and your son.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals Work Together For Effective TreatmentLiahona employs a full service mental health team that includes licensed mental health therapists, psychiatric care, and a medical team with Dr’s and 24 hours nursing. The treatment team works together to provide the best mental and physical health care for your son. The interventions utilized at Liahona are formulated on evidence based best practices that have been researched and are evidenced based interventions. It is often true that your son may need to be completely removed from his current environment with placement in a structured and safe facility, under professional care in order to be properly treated. An all-boys program offers fewer distractions while fostering positive peer support. He will work with a supportive and caring staff, qualified in treating a number of mental health conditions. Your son will also be surrounded by peers who are also working on their issues and we foster a positive peer environment where the boys help and support each other.
A Holistic Approach to Mental HealthLiahona Treatment Center believes in a holistic approach to your son’s treatment and considers physical and medical issues along with emotional and psychological issues that your son might face. This approach will help your son become aware of the interaction between physical, emotional and spiritual issues, and how they impact his entire well-being. A holistic approach is more effective as it allows a treatment plan to address all aspects associated with your son’s issues. This help’s your son to get what he wants in a healthy responsible way and maintain his recovery after he completes his treatment at Liahona. With this knowledge, he can more easily maintain his recovery.
Our Mental Health TeamLiahona’s mental health treatment program is designed to assess causality (or root cause issues) of the identified symptoms, and treat both cause and symptoms in a holistic approach. realize that a team-based approach offers an effective method of treatment. Our mental health team which includes licensed therapists, psychiatrists, doctors, and nurses all follow accepted best practice treatment approaches to provide comprehensive, effective, treatment while at Liahona.
How Liahona Treatment Center Helps Troubled Teen Boys
- Academics – We realize that while your son addresses any mental health issues during his stay, he will need to continue with his schooling as well. We provide the personalized approach that he needs for his foundational assignments along with literature, art and music. This allows boys to stay on track and graduate on time.
- Support – We offer the consistency of structure, treatment, and caring that boys need as they navigate difficult challenges.
- Life Skills – We teach life skills to your son so that he can thrive as he transitions to adulthood.
- Therapy – Your son will address his personal issues via individual, family, and group counseling so that he can overcome the challenges that brought him to our facility.
- Leadership – We know that each boy has certain inborn skills as a leader as he makes his way into the world. We address character and integrity to help him mature into a confident young man who is prepared to give back to society upon completing our program.