What are the symptoms of Seasonal Depression?Symptoms of SAD can include:
- Decreased energy- Your teen may sleep later and have problems getting up. He may lose interest in activities and sports.
- Weight gain- You may notice a significant weight gain in a short period of time.
- Decreased appetite- Some teens may lose weight or have trouble eating.
- Sleep problems- Your teen may have trouble going to sleep or staying asleep.
- Feelings of sadness and hopelessness- Your teen may express extreme negative emotions.
- Anxiety and irritation- Your child may be anxious and more irritable than usual.
- Trouble concentrating- Homework may not get done, and grades may slip.
- Suicidal thoughts- Your child may express suicidal thoughts, which should be seen as an emergency.