... the destructive signs of teen drug abuse and alcohol abuse with your troubled teen?
Destructive signs of teen drug problems and teen alcohol abuse can easily be seen in your teen if you know what to look for. Here are some of the following things to look for with addiction in a drug abuse teen:
When your teen displays at least three (3) of the following that are consistent with your teen's behavior; this may inform you that you have an addictive teen with drug abuse problems.
Some of the symptoms of the problem must have persisted with your troubled teen for at least one (1) month or have occurred repeatedly over a longer period of time. Some of the drugs of choice your teen may be abusing could be, marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroine, LSD (acid), MDMA (ecstasy), prescription medications, PCP (phencyclidine), inhalants, or club drugs.
If any three (3) of the following are consistent with your teen, your teen maybe struggling with drug abuse and addiction:
- Your teen abuses prescription medications like pain pills or other drugs that are often taken in larger amounts or over longer period than intended
- Your teen has had a persistent desire, or one or more unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control drug or substance use.
- Your teen spends a great deal of time in activities necessary to get the drug or substance (e.g., theft), taking the drug or substance (e.g., chain smoking), or recovering from its effects.
- Your teen puts aside or gives up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance abuse.
- Your teen continues drug or substance use despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent social, psychological, or physical problem that is caused or exacerbated by use of the substance or drug.
- Marked tolerance: need for noticeably increased amounts of the substance (> 500/ increase) in order to achieve intoxication or desired effect, or noticeably diminished effect with continued use of the same amount
- Your teen experiences characteristic withdrawal symptoms
- Your teen continually abuses drugs to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms
- Your teen continues frequent intoxication or withdrawal symptoms when expected to fulfill major role obligations or when use is physically hazardous
No single treatment is appropriate for all troubled teens with drug abuse problems. Matching treatment settings, interventions, and services to each teen's problems and needs become critical.
If you are a parent of a drug abuse teen, or you begin seeing your teen experiencing problems or struggles with addiction or teen drug abuse, we can provide assistance and help you with your troubled teen.
Addiction only grows worse as time goes by untreated. If you have a drug abuse teen, contact us: Call Now: 1-855-587-1416