All Boys Boarding Schools for Troubled Boys or Residential Treatment Centers?Who would you trust your teenage son to if he were exhibiting at-risk behaviors and making choices that were damaging his future and his health? Many parents are faced with this decision, and they hope to find the help they need as they search for all boys boarding schools for troubled boys. However, the fact is that most parents don’t realize that a traditional ‘all boys boarding school’ will not be the right fit for their troubled teenage son. What their son really needs is a residential treatment program that offers clinical and therapeutic solutions for their troubled boys' problems. With 15 years of experience and countless success stories, Liahona Treatment Center is a licensed residential treatment program that can deliver the results you are seeking. Instead of a traditional all-boys boarding school for troubled boys, look to the clinical therapy, academics, recreation and life skills training offered by Liahona to get your teenager back on track. If Liahona Treatment Center sounds like the right residential treatment center that your troubled boy needs please call us at 1-855-587-1416.
Your Teen May Need More Than A Therapeutic Boarding School or All Boys Boarding SchoolLiahona Treatment Center is not a therapeutic boarding school nor it is an all-boys boarding school. However, as a parent, there are many advantages at placing your boy in a licensed residential treatment center that offers clinical therapy performed by licensed medical doctors, psychiatric providers, registered nurses, and therapists.
Liahona Treatment Center Can Help Your Troubled Teen BoyFor many parents, the thought of sending your teen son to a regular boarding school and away from home can be challenging. However, by finding the right clinical and therapeutic program, one that can help your son overcome his challenges, parents can find the peace they are searching for. Being located in southern Utah. Liahona provides your child with a clinical and therapeutic program along with an accredited school program that will allow him to escape his current challenging environment and troubled peers and find healing. At Liahona Treatment Center, we are just a day's drive or flight from anywhere in the country. Our Utah location is a bonus for troubled boys because we have some of the strictest state laws in the country when it comes to regulating teen residential treatment programs like our all boys therapeutic program and school for troubled boys. Our standards are some of the highest in the United States. These are just a few of the reasons why Liahona Treatment Center is the right choice for you and your family.
Behaviors And Conditions Treated Best At A Residential Treatment Center Like LiahonaIt may be difficult to know when you should contact the help of professionals when your teen is displaying concerning and self-destructive behavior. Deciding whether to send your teenager to a residential treatment center is a big decision. However, if you want to see improvement and progress with your troubled teen boy, and past treatment and intervention were unsuccessful, a residential treatment center can be the best option for your teen. Liahona can help teen boys get back on the road to success by treating the following behaviors and conditions:
- Anger problems
- Personality disorders
- Substance abuse
- Poor academic performance
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Sexual deviance
- Other negative behaviors
Troubled Boys Boarding Schools vs Residential Treatment ProgramsAt Liahona Treatment Center our mental health residential program is more than just a normal boarding school for troubled boys (in fact, the term ‘troubled boys boarding school’ is somewhat of a misnomer, as boarding schools do not tend to accept troubled boys into their programs). However, our clinical and therapeutic program has a proven record of success in helping troubled young men turn their lives around. Teen boys today suffer from a number of mental, emotional, and behavioral issues that require specific attention and help.
8 Things That Make Liahona Treatment Center Unique
- We offer a family-like home environment for troubled boys.
- Academics is important to teen success so we help boys earn a high school diploma with licensed teachers.
- Utah state licensed medical doctor, psychiatric care provider and registered nurses all tend to your boy’s medical needs.
- Licensed and experienced counselors and therapists coach, guide, and teach each teen how to handle stress and challenges
- We know that healthy activities like sports, physical fitness, and behavior modification programs help teens stay active and physically challenged.
- For effective therapy we create a good balance of work and play and both are integrated into the overall therapeutic experience.
- Building character and developing a code of ethics is an important part of changing troubled teen boy's outlook on life, relationships and the future, so we provide opportunities for them to learn and grow.
- We teach life skills so that boys can learn to be independent and transition well from teen to adult.
The Risks From Not Seeking Help From a Residential Treatment CenterWe believe troubled boys that are self-absorbed are at risk for all kinds of negative behaviors, behavioral issues, and school problems. Placing your son in an all boys boarding school can often complicate the problem, as your son will be away from home in the wrong environment. As such, we have seen many boys fall prey to a number of problems: Here are just a few of the at-risk behaviors and issues that troubled teens face:
- In the next 24 hours, more than 1,400 American teens will attempt suicide.
- The 3rd leading cause of death for 15-24 year olds is suicide.
- An alarming 3,500 American teens run away every day.
- Every 4 minutes, a teen is arrested for an alcohol-related crime.
- Every 7 minutes, a teen is arrested for a drug-related crime.
- Approximately 40% of teenage girls have an acquaintance in an abusive relationship with a man or boy.