How Liahona Academy Helps Troubled Teen Boys
With our family-like environment we can provide each student with a code of ethics that will help them overcome the overwhelming control of selfishness and self-centeredness. We believe troubled boys that are self-absorbed are at risk for substance abuse and addiction, behavioral issues, and school problems. Therefore, positive peer culture is a characteristic of our treatment center and part of our philosophy. At Liahona Academy all troubled boys contribute to better themselves and their fellow students.
Liahona Academy uses positive peer culture to facilitate change in troubled boys. We place the power of change in the hands our troubled boys, we are here to help them and guide them in the right direction. If you are the parent of a troubled boy in need of real life changing therapy, behavior modification, and treatment in one boarding school, Liahona Academy may be the solution. Our experienced and caring staff is dedicated to the recovery of your son. Call us today at 1-800-675-8101.
You can learn more about many of the the most common behavior challenges teen face below. We have created numerous resources for each behavior trait that your teen son may currently be facing.
- ADHD is a behavioral disorder that currently affects up to 10 percent of school children. ADHD is most often characterized by hyperactivity, an inability to concentrate or follow directions and/or consistent impulsivity. Because ADHD is a lifelong disorder, the earlier a child learns to manage the symptoms associated with it, the more likely they are to become successful adults. Liahona Academy is a full time residential treatment center specializing in helping boys with ADHD overcome the challenges of the disorder whilelearning to successfully navigate day to day life. Contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101 for more information.
- Defiance is a common reaction for teens when authorityfigures set limits on the independence they feel they are entitled to. Extreme defiance can not only negatively affect the relationship between parent and child, but can also lead to risk taking behavior. Liahona Academy is a residential treatment facility that specializes in helping teen boys problem solve effectively in order to create a more harmonious home environment. For more information, contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101.
- While some amount of defiance is common in children of all ages, Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD) is characterized by a consistent pattern of hostile, annoying and uncooperative behavior toward authority figures. This condition is disruptive for positive development and when left untreated , can lead to more concerning disorders and behavior. Liahona Academy is a residential facility which specializes in treating teen boys with ODD. Residents are immersed in a therapeutic environment where they can learn to manage their symptoms and successfully navigate the adolescent years. For more information, contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101.
- It can be scary for parents to know that their teen has experimented with drugs and even worse when it becomes evident that it has become a consistent problem. Drug abuse among teens can be dangerous and dealing with it requires the intervention of professionals. Liahona Academy is a residential treatment center specializing in helping teen boys recover from the fallout of drug abuse while learning to effectively problem solve in day to day life. For more information, contact one of the experts at Liahona Academy (1-800-675-8101) to discuss enrollment.
- Violence among teens is triggered by various factors, however, the negative consequences are often the same. Dealing with a teen’s consistent anger can be overwhelming for parents who aren’t sure how to make effective changes. Liahona Academy is a full time residential treatment facility that caters to teen boys dealing with anger and violence. The experienced staff at Liahona Academy works one on one with each resident in a therapeutic environment to teach healthy coping skills as well as effective personal communication. Contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101 to discuss enrollment options.
- Sexual activity is more common among teens than ever before. While some amount of experimentation is typical, some teens find themselves struggling with sexual compulsivity disorder which negatively affects day to day decisions. Liahona Academy is a residential treatment center specializing in helping teen boys with sexual compulsivity disorder. Residents are immersed in a safe and therapeutic environment where they learn to implement appropriate boundaries and healthy coping strategies. For information, contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101.
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) is triggered by a disruption in the bond between mother and child during the first five years of life. Children with RAD have great difficulty attaching or trusting others leading to negative issues in almost every type of relationship. Liahona Academy specializes in helping teen boys with RAD overcome the challenges of their condition, learn communicate effectively and develop trust. The immersive therapeutic environment at Liahona Academy means that troubled boys can get the help they need full time. To learn more, contact the staff at Liahona Academy 1-800-675-8101.
- Self harm among teens is generally a physical manifestation of deep insecurities or emotional pain. Self harm, such as cutting, allows an individual to distract themselves from mental turmoil and may eventually become an uncontrollable coping mechanism. Depending on the severity of each case, teens who self-injure often need a qualified professional to help them get to the bottom of their issues. Liahona Academy is a residential facility specializing in helping teen boys learn appropriate coping mechanisms for the challenges they face in a safe and therapeutic environment. For more information on enrollment, contact the expert staff at Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101.
- True depression among teens is more than simple moodiness and occasional melancholy. Real cases can lead to self harming behavior, drug and alcohol abuse, self loathing and even suicide. Liahona Academy is a full time residential facility dedicated to helping teen boys learn to establish healthy coping mechanisms and rediscover confidence within themselves. The expert staff at Liahona Academy creates a safe environment where boys can develop friendships and a more positive identity. For more information, contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101.
- Although everyone experiences some amount of anxiety, excessive amounts can affect both emotional comfort and healthy day to day activities and interaction. Children suffering from anxiety disorders may withdraw from their family and peers and their performance in school can also be severely affected. Liahona Academy is a full time residential facility that specializes in helping teen boys learn to effectively manage their anxiety and live a healthy, happy life. For more information, contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101.
- The National Runaway Safeline estimates that 47% of runaway/homeless youth left home as a result of conflict between themselves and their parents. Teens who run away are at extreme risk for sexual or physical abuse as well as other street based victimization. The experts at Liahona Academy are skilled at working with teens who need to improve their interpersonal relationships with their parents and other authority figures. The full time facility is monitored 24 hours a day allowing residents to rediscover themselves in a safe and therapeutic environment. For more information, contact Liahona Academy at 1-800-675-8101.
- Few things are more tragic than a teen losing hope and ending their life. Suicide is often a reaction to debilitating depression and when it is caught in the early stages, it can be effectively treated. Liahona Academy is a full-time therapeutic residential home where teen boys can work with staff to regain confidence and a more positive outlook on life. The facility is monitored 24 hours a day in order to keep the boys safe and consistently headed in a healthy direction. For more information on how Liahona Academy could help your son, contact the staff at 1-800-675-8101.