Parents of teen boys who struggle with emotional, behavioral or mental health do their best in trying to line up professional help. This often consists of school counselors and private therapists who work hard to help the troubled teenager work through their issues.
Some parents even go so far as to enroll their children in a short-term program like a wilderness camp to get them to turn from risky behaviors and poor school participation. However, after a few failed troubled teen treatments, residential treatment might be the best option. Liahona Academy is a residential treatment center with a long history of success in guiding teens to a better future.
What is Residential Treatment?
Unlike private therapy, residential treatment centers are places where teens live full time and get round-the-clock supervision and care. The length of their stay is considered long-term, usually equal to a school year or calendar year. Unlike wilderness camps, residential treatment centers also include an academic option and a therapy option, which most short-term programs don’t offer.
Residential treatment centers, also called therapeutic boarding schools, are managed by professionals who work with the teens all day, every day to get them the professional help they need. Their environments are structured and safe, and teens are able to leave behind all those negative aspects of their lives and just focus on healing. Liahona Academy is a residential treatment center that accepts teen boys who have not been able to find success in traditional schools, short-term programs or private therapy while living at home.
Choose Residential Treatment Offered by Liahona Academy
Parents who want the best for their teenage boys may still find it difficult to commit to a residential treatment center. Often, the fear and hesitation comes from not knowing exactly what teens do at such places, nor how they operate day to day. By understanding a little more about it, parents can embrace it sooner and trust that they are doing the right thing for their teenager.
These are a few of the many benefits of residential treatment centers for troubled teen boys:
- Independent living skills taught to teens, like chores, laundry, cooking, budgeting, leadership, teamwork and more.
- Positive peer pressure from other students and mentors, meant to include and inspire each student.
- Ongoing therapy sessions organized by licensed therapists
- Academic progression through accredited programs, taught by certified teachers who have experience in special education.
- Recreational therapy to help teens learn new hobbies, set and achieve goals and boost their self-esteem.
- Extracurricular activities like art, drama, music, sports, equine therapy, community service and more.
- Family therapy and relationship coaching to help teens learn how to make and sustain healthy interactions with family and friends.
- Transitioning phases that help teens move from the residential treatment center to their home.
Residential treatment centers like Liahona Academy are the perfect place for teen boys that have issues and simply haven’t found success in other troubled teen treatment programs. Parents who feel like all their efforts up to now have been in vain will be happy to note that they may find the program they are looking for in a residential treatment center like Liahona Academy.
For more information on how Liahona Academy can help teen boys, please call 1-855-587-1416.
Leave a Reply