Why Liahona Academy?When it comes to searching for the right boarding school for your troubled teen, your first thought is to find a boarding school for boys in New York. However, it can be a good idea to send your teen out of state so that he can begin a new chapter in life away from his current friends, school and the familiar surroundings. Liahona Academy is located in Utah, just a short plane ride away from New York, and our school is the perfect place for troubled teens to start over. Utah has another advantage that many parents aren't aware of. Different states enact laws that regulate the teen help industry, but not all the laws are the same. Some states are very strict while others are more lax. Utah has some of the strictest laws in the country when it comes to setting the standards for teen help programs, so you can have peace of mind that Liahona Academy is operating under the highest standards, better than most all boys boarding schools in New York.
Why Our All Boys Boarding School for Troubled Teens in New York is SuccessfulWhen teen behavior goes well beyond typical rebellion and into harmful and even dangerous areas, they need help to overcome these problems. Liahona Academy can offer your son the help that he might not be able to find anywhere else. We have more than 15 years of experience helping teens overcome a number of issues, like depression, mental illness, anxiety, abuse trauma, mood swings, substance abuse, defiance, and much more. Troubled teens suffering from any of these problems and more can move toward recovery at Liahona Academy. Liahona Academy is more than a school and more than a rehabilitation center. We combine a number of different programs that boys need into one facility so that each teen boy receives a whole healing approach. Teens will receive a combination of experiential therapy, strong academic support, positive peer culture and recreational therapy. Here are the highlights of our program at Liahona Academy:
- Therapy is provided by licensed professionals who hold group sessions and individual sessions with each boy.
- Academics are managed by licensed teachers and specializes in grade recovery and college or vocational preparations.
- Positive peer pressure, leadership seminars, goal setting and more are all part of the life skills segment of the program designed to bring out the best in each boy.
- Recreational therapy includes swimming, fitness, camping, boating, hiking, and more, which builds self-confidence and keeps boys fit and healthy.
Common Problems Faced By Teens Needing All Boys Boarding Schools in New YorkWithout professional help, many troubled teen boys participate in at-risk behavior that can really impact their future. Whether its trouble at school, trouble with the law or even becoming a danger to themselves, troubled been boys can't be left alone to figure out their problems for themselves. Teens today face a lot of obstacles, and many can't make it on their own. Here are just a few of the statistics that teens in New York face every day:
- ADD/ADHD: In New York, 7.7% of all children are diagnosed each year, while many more go undiagnosed.
- Teen pregnancy: A 2016 report determined that New York is 44th out of 50 for teen pregnancy.
- Substance abuse: 15% of teens abuse alcohol and 5% admit to using cocaine.
- Suicide: New York ranks 49th for teen suicide in the nation.
- High school graduation: Just 79.2% of New York teens graduate.