Regular Signs Of Substance Abuse And Addiction
- Spending a lot of time in activities necessary to obtain the drug or substance (e.g.,theft), taking the drug or substance (e.g., chain smoking), or recovering from its effects.
- Abusing prescription medications like pain pills that are often taken in larger amounts or over longer period than intended.
- Continued drug or substance use despite learning and having knowledge of a continual social, psychological, or physical problem that is caused or worsened by the continual use of the substance.
- Experiencing usual withdrawal symptoms.
- Continual use of substances to relieve withdrawal symptoms.