Why Liahona Academy?Traditional schools and infrequent therapy simply aren't enough to help some troubled teen boys. If your current plan to help your son simply isn't working, it's time to consider a place where he can get full therapeutic and academic support and a structured environment. Therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Oklahoma and residential treatment centers like Liahona Academy have some of the best success records in providing long-term help for boys who need it. Liahona Academy also has an advantage over boarding schools in Oklahoma in that it has some of the highest operating standards in the country. Because it is located in Utah, Liahona Academy is subject to the state's very strict rules and laws regarding operating a teen help program. Few other states have such strict laws as Utah. This gives parents a real peace of mind, knowing that their son is enrolled in aprogram that meets these high standards. when it comes to checking out teen help programs, please consider Liahona Academy.
Boarding Schools in Oklahoma and Elsewhere Really Benefit Troubled BoysThere's no doubt that long-term boarding schools with therapeutic components are a fine way to help teen boys with emotional, behavioral and mental health issues. It's hard for parents to make arrangements for their sons to leave home and live away, but when things have gotten so desperate, there's often no better solution. Therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers offer a safe and secure environment with caring staff members who want to do everything they can to help troubled teens get back on track. Here are just a few of the benefits of therapeutic boarding schools in Oklahoma and across the country:
- A new environment removes teens from their old, negative one.
- Teens are away from the bad influences of friends and the frustration of teachers at their traditional school.
- Parents and teens have a chance to rebuild the relationships on neutral ground and steer clear of previous tension and battles for control.
- Licensed and experienced therapists who hold both group session and individual session with each troubled teen.
- Small classrooms taught by licensed and certified teachers who help teens catch up to grade level and even earn a high school diploma.
- Recreational therapy to boost self esteem and provide teens with fun and fitness.
- Life skills such as cooking, budgeting, laundry and more help teens transition into adulthood more successfully.
- Character building opportunities such as peer mentoring, leadership training, and more are frequently offered at boarding schools and residential treatment centers.
Problems That Teens Face Without Boarding Schools in OklahomaNo parent wants to see their teen engage in risky behavior, but teens with significant emotional, behavioral and mental health issues who are not getting professional help may be high risk. More than just typical teenage rebellion, risky behavior increases in intensity and danger until teens either harm themselves or others, or have a run-in with the law. Here are just a few of the sobering statistics on troubled teens in Oklahoma:
- Alcohol use: 32% of Oklahoma teens abuse alcohol and 14% are binge drinking.
- Drug use: Marijuana use among teens in Oklahoma is 33% and illicit drug use is at 4%.
- Juvenile arrests: In one year, there were 1,914 arrests for property crime, 202 arrests for violent crime, 614 arrests for drug abuse and 87 arrests for weapons violations. In 2018, there were 22 arrests for robbery, 64 arrests for aggravated assault, 393 arrests for larceny, 35 arrests for weapons charges and 274 arrests for drug abuse.
- Suicide: Oklahoma ranks 8th in the nation for teen suicides.
- Graduation rates: Oklahoma only has an 82% high school graduation rate.
Leave a Reply