Why Liahona Is Great For Teens In Utah?Liahona Treatment Center is a residential treatment center (similar to a therapeutic boarding school) that accepts troubled teens from Utah and all over the country. We provide extensive therapeutic recovery via our unique program that gives boys the structure and support they need. All too often, troubled boys make very bad decisions and in no time they are on the fast track for far too many negative consequences. Every boy deserves another chance at health and happiness, and at Liahona, we put our 15 years of experience to the test and do what it takes to help each and every teenage boy.
How Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Utah Help Troubled TeensTherapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Utah are safe, structured places where teens can get out of their current negative environment. Instead of battling tired parents, frustrated teachers and lots of peer pressure, troubled teens can work with highly skilled staff members who are trained to deal with troubled teens that exhibit a range of issues Some of the more common teen behavioral, emotional and mental health issues we treat at Liahona include:
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Abuse trauma
- Substance abuse
- Low self-esteem
- At-risk behavior
- Therapy: Thanks to professional, licensed and certified therapists and counselors, teen boys at Liahona receive both one-on-one therapy sessions as well as group therapy. The teens learn new coping skills for how to handle their challenges, and they get to examine the real root of their bad behavior.
- Academics: With licensed and experienced teachers, students at Liahona Treatment Center can get caught up to their grade, maintain a steady learning pace, and even prepare for college or vocational training thanks to individualized learning plans created for each teen.
- Recreation: Because Liahona Treatment Center is located in beautiful southern Utah, there are a range of outdoor activities that feature prominently in the adventure therapy portion of our program, such as hiking, camping, mountain biking, snow skiing and rock climbing.
Statistics on Teens Who Could Benefit From Therapeutic Boarding Schools in UtahWe strongly recommend Liahona Treatment Center to parents of troubled teens in Utah seeking help from therapeutic boarding schools. When teen boys who suffer from emotional and other health behavioral issues and don't receive professional help, their behavior can lead to all kinds of negative consequences. Here are some of the growing challenges that Utah teens face:
- ADD/ADHD: 6.7% of Utah children are diagnosed each year. (2007 study, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2007 Study).
- Suicide: National suicide ranking: 10th. (CDC's WISQARS website "Fatal Injury Reports, 2010")
- Substance Abuse: More than 18%of Utah teens abuse alcohol; 9% binge drink; 10% use marijuana and 7.2% use illicit drugs. (Utah Office of Adolescent Health, 2011)
- Juvenile Arrests: There were 2,125 juvenile arrests for property crime, 122 for violent crime, 563 for drug abuse and 120 for weapons violations. (Washington, DC: Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2009)
- Teen Pregnancy: Approximately 30.7 and 39.0 per 1,000 women between 14 and 19 years old get pregnant in Utah. (Center for Disease Control and Prevention 2009 Study)
- Graduation Rates: Utah has only a 76% high school graduation rate. (U.S. Department of Education, Graduation Rates 2010-2011)