Why Liahona Academy?New Jersey troubled teens can really benefit from therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers like Liahona Academy. We are an all boys therapeutic treatment facility with more than 15 years of experience. Our philosophy is that every boy deserves a chance to overcome his emotional, behavioral and mental health issues in order to move toward a brighter future. We provide professional therapy, academic schooling and social activities, all in a family-style live-in situation. As you are looking at different programs, consider Liahona Academy. Parents who enroll their sons in Liahona Academy have another reason to feel confident in their decision. There are many therapeutic boarding schools all over the country, but different states have enacted a range of laws to govern and regulate them. Some states are very lax, while others are strict. Liahona Academy is located in southern Utah, and Utah is one of the state with strict laws. This means that there is a very high standard that Utah teen help programs must meet in order to operate. You can have peace of mind knowing that your son is at Liahona Academy and benefitting from the excellent level of care mandated by the state of Utah.
Benefits of Therapeutic Boarding Schools for Troubled Teens in New JerseyWhen teen boys start to engage in risky behavior, it can jeopardize their home life, school life and even get them in trouble with the law. If you want to make sure your teen son gets the best help out there for his issues, then a therapeutic boarding school may be the right place. Even if you have tried other forms of treatment for your son, therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers are valid options, and of course at Liahona Academy, we believe that every teen deserves a second chance. For parents who are not familiar with exactly what therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys from New Jersey actually offer, it can seem confusing and scary to consider enrolling your son. However, once you get more familiar with what therapeutic boarding schools can do for troubled teens, you will feel more comfortable in deciding which one is right for your family. Here are some of the benefits of therapeutic boarding schools:
- Removes teens from negative friends, frustrated teachers and tense home life into a neutral atmosphere.
- Provides a safe and structured place for teens to spend time getting the help they need.
- Requires teens to live in dorms or family style settings where they take on responsibilities like cooking, cleaning and other chores.
- Schedules personal and group therapy sessions with a licensed and experienced therapist.
- Offers high school classes taught by licensed teachers where students can catch up to their grade and even finish high school.
- Organizes social activities and recreational therapy so teens can build self-esteem, develop healthy relationships with peers and leaders, and learn to set and achieve goals.
- Teaches life skills like budgeting, job interviews and more so teens can transition successfully to adulthood.
When Teens Don't Attend Schools for Troubled Boys in New JerseyAll too often, troubled teens ruin their bright futures by participating in risky behaviors to try to fit in, mask pain, rebel or just to feel the thrill of excitement. However, these risky behaviors can lead to permanent consequences. Without the structure and support of a therapeutic boarding school or residential treatment program, your troubled teen son could start to behave badly and get into ever increasing trouble. Here is a list of some risky behaviors that New Jersey teens are doing:
- Alcohol use: 20.6% of New Jersey teens abuse alcohol
- Binge drinking: 11.7% of New Jersey teens admit to binge drinking in the past 30 days
- Marijuana use: 7.3% of New Jersey teens use marijuana.
- Illicit drug use: 4.5% of New Jersey teens use illicit drugs.
- Juvenile arrests: In one year there were 925 arrests for property crime and 332 arrests for violent crime.
- Suicide: New Jersey ranks 48th in the nation for teen suicide.
- Graduation rates: New Jersey has an 83% high school graduation rate.