How Liahona Academy Can Help Boys From ArizonaOur residential treatment program is specifically designed to help troubled boys work through their issues. At Liahona Academy, we make the boys our priority and are experienced and licensed staff members know how to help them with a range of issues, from ADHD/ADD, depression and anxiety to low self-esteem, substance abuse and more. With more than 15 years of experience, we have programs in place that give boys a chance to change. Because we are located just over the Arizona border in Utah, we are a viable alternative to therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Arizona.
5 Benefits of Our Program and School for Troubled Boys in ArizonaLiahona Academy understands how important the right placement can be in the recovery of a troubled boy. When you are considering the type of care that can be provided for your child, take the time to see how our program works. We've helped hundreds of troubled boys and their families over the years and we are proud of what we do. Here are 5 benefits that Liahona Academy offers:
- Professional therapy. Licensed therapists with years of experience conduct group sessions as well as individual sessions so that troubled teen boys can get to the root of their issues and identify new coping methods of how to handle life's challenges.
- Academic support. With an individualized academic plan, licensed teachers help boys stay on task in school and provide the small classroom and support they need to earn a high school diploma.
- Recreational therapy. Hiking, biking, boating, rock climbing, camping, and more are all part of the recreational therapy aspect at Liahona Academy. Recreational therapy gives teens a chance to reach goals, learn leadership skills and experience some of the fun things in life.
- Life skills. From cooking and cleaning to managing money, we teach students how to become independent adults with some experience in the everyday tasks that are needed to get by.
- Peer support and mentoring. Our program relies on positive peer support to show troubled teen boys the best ways to behave, and our experienced mentors give the boys the structure and support they need to start on the path to a brighter future.
Teens Who Are In Need Of A Therapeutic Boarding School in ArizonaNot every teen is lucky enough to have caring parents who are doing everything they can to get help. There are so many teens who might benefit from a therapeutic boarding school or residential treatment program; and when bad behavior, emotional, or mental health issues are left untreated, teens can get into lots of trouble. We’ve included a few statistics about Arizona Teens you should be aware of:
- Substance abuse: Around 18% of Arizona teens abuse alcohol and 12% binge drink. Marijuana use in Arizona teens is at 8.9% and other illicit drug use is 6.8%.
- Suicide: Arizona ranks 11th in the country for teen suicide.
- ADD/ADHD: Each year, 7.6% of Arizona children are diagnosed, with many more going undiagnosed.
- Juvenile crime: In Arizona, more than 1,500 juveniles were arrested for property crime, 272 for violent crime, 762 for drug abuse and 76 for weapons violations.
- Teen pregnancy: For every 1,000 Arizona women age 15-19, 64.2 per 1,000 will be pregnant.
- High school graduation: Arizona has a 78% graduation rate.