Why Liahona Academy?Liahona Academy is an all boys residential treatment center (similar to a therapeutic boarding school) that provides therapeutic care for troubled boys. There are too many teen boys with behavioral, emotional and mental health issues, and it's critical that they get the professional help they need. Therapeutic and academic programs are tailored to each boy so they can really succeed. We're proud of our close family atmosphere, professional staff members, fine facilities and successful graduates. There's no doubt that therapeutic boarding schools are a viable option for troubled youth, but California parents shouldn't feel limited to schools within the state. Liahona Academy has 15 years of experience and is located in scenic southern Utah, near national parks and lots of interesting recreational adventures. As a program more successful than most therapeutic boarding schools available for troubled boys, Liahona Academy is ready to help boys from California and across the country.
5 Reasons to Choose Our Residential Treatment Center for Troubled Teens in CaliforniaWhen your teenage son's decisions bring negative effects to his life, then the time to act is now. There are plenty of benefits that to therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment programs for troubled teens in California provide. Here are the top 5 reasons why Liahona Academy is the best choice for parents of troubled teens in California:
- Licensed and experienced professionals as therapists, mentors and counselors
- Troubled youth get long-term group and individual therapy for lasting results
- Strong academic program helps teens achieve at or near grade level performance
- Adventure and recreational therapy gives teens a chance to enjoy hiking, camping, water sports, skiing and more
- The school's Utah location allows troubled youth to be removed from their home, school and peers where they’ve developed bad habits and unsuccessful coping mechanisms.
Top Issues of Teens Who Need Therapeutic Boarding Schools in CaliforniaIt's more important than ever for troubled teens to get help at therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers because of the many issues that they face. Here are just a few of the statistics that troubled teens in California may find themselves a part of without proper help:
- ADD/ADHD: 6.2% of California children are diagnosed each year. (2007 study, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2007 Study).
- Suicide Rate: California suicide ranking: 45th (CDC's WISQARS website "Fatal Injury Reports, 2010")
- Substance Abuse: Approximately 15.7% of teens abuse alcohol; 9.8% binge drink; 7.6% use marijuana and 5.4% use other illicit drugs. (State Report, 2009, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.)
- Juvenile Arrests: There were 1,153 juvenile arrests for property crime, 414 for violent crime, 523 for drug abuse and 196 for weapons violations. (Washington, DC: Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2009).
- Teen Pregnancy: Pregnant women between 15-19 years old was 30.7 and 39.0 per 1,000 women. (Center for Disease Control and Prevention 2009 Study).
- Graduation Rates: 76% high school graduation rate in California. (U.S. Department of Education, Graduation Rates 2010-2011)