Why Liahona Academy Is The Best Choice For Residential Treatment For Your Troubled TeenSometimes troubled teens need to be removed from their current environment. However, many Maryland parents don't consider searching beyond therapeutic boarding schools in their state. Located just a short flight from Maryland, it is far enough away to provide positive benefits to troubled teens. Liahona Academy is the perfect location for troubled youth to experience adventure and recreational therapy like hiking, camping, boating, fishing and more. We love watching troubled youth learn new skills and develop abilities in dealing with their issues and we're here to lead the way. Our program abides by extremely strict laws that regulate the troubled teen support industry, so parents feel more comfortable sending their troubled youth to Liahona Academy, knowing that we meet some of the highest teaching standards fro schools in the country. All these reasons and more are why many Maryland parents are choosing Liahona Academy as the right place for their teen sons.
Benefits of Therapeutic Boarding Schools in MarylandTherapeutic boarding schools work by combining the traditional academics of regular boarding schools with effective therapeutic interventions to assist troubled teens. Troubled boys from Maryland can maintain a classroom feel and at the same time, overcome personal issues that they have struggled with on their own, whether those issues be emotional, behavioral, substance and addiction issues, or academic issues. At Liahona Academy, our residential treatment center offers many of the same benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, plus more.
Liahona Academy's unique and effective program includes:
- Individual and group therapy with a licensed therapist.
- Academic instruction from a licensed teacher.
- Opportunity to earn their high school diploma.
- Self-improvement courses and leadership seminars
- Nutrition classes
- Fitness education
- Behavior assessments every day
- Recreational therapy
- Community service activities
Troubled Teen Issues in Maryland Where Boarding Schools May HelpThere are so many complicated issues that teens in Maryland face today, that it's no wonder they are making bad choices sometimes. Unfortunately, without professional help, teens can start down the path of risky behaviors and get more and more involved, making things even worse.
These statistics for at-risk activities for Maryland teens are startling:
- High school graduation: Maryland has an 83% graduation rate.
- Drug use: 37% of Maryland teens use marijuana.
- Alcohol use: 23% of Maryland teens use alcohol and 18% report binge drinking.
- Teen suicide: Maryland ranks 45th in the nation for teen suicides.
- Property crime: 2,073 juvenile arrests in one year.
- Violent crime: 608 juvenile arrests for violent crime.