Why Liahona Academy Can Help Troubled Boys From Michigan?The best treatment programs and therapeutic boarding schools are specialized treatment centers that help teens who have trouble academically, socially and behaviorally. When teens struggle with problems, they tend to act out and behave in antisocial, destructive ways. Eventually, they no longer fit into traditional schools, reject family life and rebel against social conformity. It's at that time when troubled teen boys need the professional help and structured atmosphere of a place like Liahona Academy. Using a blend of recreational, educational and therapeutic activities, we provide programs where troubled teens learn to cope with daily challenges, learn new techniques for dealing with their issues, and progress along a more healthy path. Troubled boys from Michigan that are in need of an intervention should turn to residential treatment centers like Liahona and therapeutic boarding schools for academic, therapeutic and social support. It's here that a teenage boy can really gain the long-term results needed to change his life.
Our Boarding School Benefits Troubled Boys in MichiganLiahona Academy has more than 15 years of experience in successfully treating troubled boys with a range of issues. Some of the more common issues we deal with include ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, anger issues, oppositional defiant disorder, substance abuse, abuse trauma and more. By removing your teen son from his current environment, you can ensure that he will leave his negative habits behind and start the next, improved chapter in their life. Liahona Academy is ready to help him in any way possible. Below are some things that Liahona Academy does for each teen boy they serve:
- Therapy: Boys receive individual therapy and group therapy from licensed and experienced therapists.
- Academics: Depending on their needs, each boy receives an individual education plan and does work in small classrooms taught by a licensed teacher. Boys can earn their high school diploma through us.
- Mentoring: Highly trained staff members and counselors lead and guide teens in daily living, from doing chores to performing community service. They model good behavior and really get to know the boys so that relationships of trust and healing are formed and maintained.
- Life skills: We provide a number of opportunities for teens to learn life skills and exercise independence. Examples include leadership, personal development, cooking, budgeting, goal setting and more.
- Recreational therapy: Our program relies heavily on recreational therapy, where being active and having fun are the best ways to encourage good behavior. Hiking, biking, camping, fishing, boating and more are just a few minutes away in beautiful southern Utah.
- Nutrition and fitness: Boys learn better and perform better when they are healthy and well, and our nutrition and fitness classes teach them how to take care of themselves physically.
Issues Facing Teens Who Don't Attend Boarding Schools Or Receive Residential Treatment in MichiganThere are plenty of benefits to sending your troubled teen to Liahona Academy instead of a therapeutic boarding school in Michigan. For troubled teens who never get help with their issues, they often turn to high risk behaviors and activities that only compound their struggles. Consider these statistics below about the at-risk behaviors facing Michigan teens today:
- Suicide: Michigan ranks 20th in the nation for teen suicide.
- Alcohol use: 18.3% of Michigan teens abuse alcohol while 11.4 % binge drink.
- Drug use: 8% of Michigan teens use marijuana and 5.9% use other illicit drugs.
- Violent crime: 225 juvenile arrests in one year.
- Property crime: 1,067 juvenile arrests in one year.
- High school graduation: Michigan only has a 74% graduation rate.