Why Choose Liahona For Your Boy From South Carolina?South Carolina parents with troubled boys are often hard pressed to find the best and viable help options that are the most effective. When it comes to helping troubled boys in South Carolina and across the country, we use therapy, education and community to turn their lives around. With more than 15 years of experience and a caring staff that is dedicated to making a difference in each boy's life, Liahona Academy is a qualified teen help program that you should consider. One unique benefit that Liahona Academy provides to South Carolina parents is peace of mind. Each state has different laws that regulate how a teen help program must operate. Liahona Academy is located in Utah, which is one of the strictest in the country when it comes to running teen programs like therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment programs. We exceed this standard year after year. This encourages many parents to thoughtfully consider therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in South Carolina.
Benefits of Facilities for Troubled Boys in South CarolinaThere are many different kinds troubled teen programs that can provide help for boys from South Carolina, including wilderness camps, boot camps, residential treatment programs, and therapeutic boarding schools. For boys with significant emotional, behavioral or mental health issues who aren't showing improvement with traditional therapy, regular junior high and high schools, and living at home, boarding schools for boys in south Carolina area viable help option. Below we’ve listed a few reasons why therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in South Carolina are successful:
- Distance from home. These types of facility get boys away from their bad friends, stressful home life and old stomping grounds to a safe, supervised and neutral place where staff members offer both the support and necessary discipline that most boys need to face their challenges in their personal lives.
- Effective therapy. Teens receive individual and group counseling from a licensed and experienced therapist who will get to the bottom of each boy's specific challenges. Together they will work on how to improve emotional, behavioral and social situations..
- Academic help. Licensed teachers get boys up to grade level and opens the door to earning a high school diploma.
- Character development. From leadership seminars and community service to public speaking, boarding schools train boys on how to become leading members of society.
- Life Skills. Gaining the skills needed to grow from teen to adult takes place at boarding schools, with opportunities to learn more on everything from laundry and cooking to job interviews and budgeting.
Issues Faced by Troubled Teens in South Carolina Without The Benefits of Therapeutic Boarding SchoolsIt's a nightmare for South Carolina parents to watch their teenage boys struggle at school, at home and with the law. Sometimes the boys engage in risky behavior to cover up their pain and frustration, to fit in, to boost self-esteem and to cover up their mental health issues. Teens who struggle and don't get the professional help for their issues can quickly become one of these troubling South Carolina statistics:
- 7.6-13.0% of South Carolina teens drink excessive amounts of alcohol
- 5.8% of South Carolina teens use marijuana
- There were 784 arrests for crime involving property, 192 arrests for violent crimes, 388 arrests related to drug abuse, and 94 weapon violation arrest in one year.
- South Carolina ranks 27th in the country for teen suicides.
- The graduation rate for high school students in South Carolina is 74%