Why Liahona Academy?When it comes to helping troubled teens transition from adolescence to adulthood, therapeutic programs like Liahona Academy can be seen either as a last resort or a fresh start. We choose to believe that every teen boy deserves a second chance and that everyone can chance for the better. The trained professionals at Liahona Academy have helped hundreds of teenage boys overcome their particular challenges and find success in their personal, social and academic lives. We know that when a teenage boy can’t succeed in a traditional junior high or high school, it’s time to send him to us. In a safe, structured environment, he will be able to overcome his challenges and start a path toward a brighter future. One advantage of Liahona Academy over boarding schools in Texas is that our location provides some of the highest operating standards in the country. Different states have enacted laws and regulations about how teen help facilities operate. Some states are very lax while others are extremely strict. We have some of the toughest regulations and laws in the country, so all teen help facilities in the state must meet or exceed these high standards. Liahona Academy has been helping teens for more than a decade, so you can rest assured that your son is in a successful, high quality residential treatment center.
Therapeutic Boarding Schools Give Help to Troubled Boys in TexasTherapeutic schools are long-term treatment options for teens in Texas that are suffering from behavioral and mental health issues. Some of the more common challenges that teens face include ADD/ADHD, abuse trauma, bipolar, depression, anxiety, ODD, drug or substance abuse, poor self-esteem, problems with authority figures, anger and aggression, just to name a few. These boarding schools not only provide therapeutic treatment for troubled boys in Texas, but also an great academics program and a social/recreational program. It's these kinds of long-term facilities that help teens get back on track rebuild their lives at their own pace.
Here are just a few of the things that therapeutic programs for troubled teens in Texas have to offer:
- Constant Supervision. These types of schools make sure that teens are busy, productive and working together toward common goals. Teens have no time to get into trouble or avoid facing their personal challenges.
- Frequent Therapy. When boys are at school, they get both individual and group therapy sessions from licensed therapists and counselors. The goal is to identify each teen's specific challenge, then work on how to overcome them.
- Focused Academics. Generally, troubled teens are not doing well in traditional schools, so boarding schools use certified teachers in smaller classrooms to get students up to grade level, repair credits and work toward a high school diploma.
Issues Teens Face Who Don't Get Help From Therapeutic Boarding Schools in TexasOne of the most frightening things about being the parent of a troubled teenager is that you must watch them make bad choices and behave in an out of control way when they engage in risky behavior. Unlike a boarding school, where a teen's schedule is packed with classes and activities, teens without much supervision or who desire to behave badly, can get into real trouble with school or the law. Sometimes their risky behaviors can even cause harm to themselves or others.
Check out a few examples of Texas teens and their risky behavior:
- Graduation rate: Only 86% of Texas teens graduate from high school
- Suicide: Texas ranks 31st in the nation for teen suicides
- Drug use: Marijuana use in Texas teens is 5.6% and other illicit drug use is 5.2%
- Alcohol use: 16.4% of Texas teens drink alcohol
- Binge drinking: 9.5% of Texas teens binge drink
- Juvenile arrests: There are more than 1,18 arrests for property crime annually