Why Liahona Academy?Liahona Academy is a proven help option for troubled boys that are in need assistance in order to overcome their issues. Therapeutic boarding schools are some of the most successful types of teen help programs, because they offer a complete shift in how teen boys live their lives--from academic and social changes to regular therapy. Liahona Academy has more than a decade of experience in helping troubled teenage boys go from struggling with emotional, behavioral and mental health issues to learning new ways to cope with life's challenges. Liahona Academy offers another advantage to parents and teens due to its location in Utah. Each state has different rules and laws that govern how teen help agencies must operate. Utah has some of the strictest laws for the ten help industry, so programs within the state must be excellent in order to stay in business. Liahona Academy is pleased to say that we have some of the strictest operating standards in the country, so you know your son will be in good hands if he attends Liahona Academy.
Therapeutic Boarding Schools are a Viable Help Option for West Virginia Troubled BoysParents of troubled boys in West Virginia should seriously consider the care which is offered to troubled young men at therapeutic boarding schools. Therapeutic boarding schools make available to troubled boys a variety of therapeutic approaches, to ensure that they have a better chance at successfully overcoming their issues. Here are just a few things that therapeutic boarding schools do to benefit troubled teen boys:
- Therapy: Licensed therapists work with boys in individual sessions as well as group sessions to get to the root of their emotional, behavioral and mental health problems.
- Academics: Trained teachers hold classes to help get boys up to grade level and even to work toward graduation.
- Recreation therapy: Activities are designed to boost self-esteem, help teens set and achieve goals, develop healthy relationships with others and learn how to have fun again.
- Life skills: From budgeting and cleaning to cooking and more, teens at therapeutic boarding schools learn how to go from teens to adults. Leadership opportunities and character-building exercises are also part of developing life skills that last.
Issues Faced by Teens Who Don't Get Help From Therapeutic Boarding SchoolsTroubled teens are often faced with a host of emotional, behavioral and mental health issues, such as ADHD, ADD, anxiety, depression, bipolar, anger and aggression, substance abuse, abuse trauma, low self-esteem and more. For these types of issues, there are few who can really recover without some kind of professional therapy. West Virginia teens who aren't getting help often engage in risky behavior in order to deal with pain, loneliness, frustration and more. Here are just a few statistics about West Virginia teens and risky behavior:
- Alcohol use: 15.4% of West Virginia teens abuse alcohol
- Binge drinking: 10.4% of West Virginia teens are binge drinking
- Drug use: Marijuana use among West Virginia teens is 6.8% and illicit drug use is at 5.9%
- Violent crime: In one year, there were 577 arrests for property crime and 72 arrests for violent crime
- Suicide: West Virginia ranks 40th in the nation for teen suicides