Could your teen benefit from a disciplinary school?There are a few ways to evaluate whether your teen can potentially benefit from attending a disciplinary school.
- Your teen is struggling at school, whether due to authority problems or issues with his workload.
- Your boundaries and household rules are not being respected.
- No matter how firm you are, your teen seems to become more rebellious to the authority you are trying to establish.
- Your teen is angry, acting out, and even facing trouble with law enforcement.
- Drugs and alcohol have become a concern. Even casual use can be troublesome and get your teen into trouble with the law.
- He is spending time with the wrong crowd, particularly those who engage in troublesome behavior.
- Your teen is struggling with his mental health. Whether anxiety or depression or something else, sometimes he won’t see improvements until he’s in a different environment.
- If your teen has been engaging in risky sexual behavior, that can also be a clear sign that he needs a change of environment.
What to expect in a disciplinary schoolA far cry from schools of the past where your teen would have been in lockdown treated like a prisoner, today’s disciplinary schools will offer a focus on providing your teen with a safe and structured environment. The goal of disciplinary schools is to help your teen heal and recover as he learns how to better cope with the pressures of life outside of the school.
- Your teen will be removed from the outside influences that have led him astray. This will allow him to begin the healing process.
- A therapeutic program that meets his individual needs will be created so that your teen can rest, recover, and focus on goals.
- Part of preparing your teen to return home is to help him better cope with stressors in the home.
- Several counseling options will be provided, including individual, family, and group counseling.
- Group activities with other teens in the program will help your teen learn to form strong relationship bonds with others.
Leave a Reply