Why Liahona Academy?Located in beautiful southern Utah, Liahona Academy is a very successful youth boarding school that has helped hundreds of families. We have 15 years of experience in helping teens with a number of emotional, mental illness and behavioral challenges. Some of the more common conditions we see in troubled teens includes ADD/ADHD, anxiety, depression, abuse trauma, substance abuse, oppositional defiant disorder, abandonment and adoption issues, and low self esteem, just to name a few. Liahona Academy offers troubled youth a blend of academic, therapeutic and social support in a safe and structured environment that is conducive to healing.
Getting Educated On Our Boarding School For Troubled YouthYou may be asking yourself what is so special about troubled youth boarding schools like Liahona Academy. Unlike other teen help facilities like military schools, wilderness camps and boot camps, boarding schools for troubled youth provide long-term solutions. Liahona Academy has a proven program that has helped numerous troubled teen boys just like yours with their bad behavior and the underlying problems that cause them. Here are the main things that we focus on at Liahona Academy:
- We ensure that each boy attends a variety of counseling situations, including individual, group, and family counseling.
- We assist teens in recovering lost credits in school and can grant high school diplomas.
- We provide several different extracurricular and skill building opportunities for teen boys to increase independence and self-esteem.
- We have various fun and adventurous recreational activities that help them stay fit, learn new hobbies bond with their peers and counselors. We use the outdoor environment frequently to facilitate treatment and growth.
- We put teens in a group living situation where they grow close with their counselor and learn to rely on others and be counted on themselves.
Common Problems Faced by Youth in Therapeutic Boarding SchoolsIt's no secret that being a teen in today's world is difficult. Emotional, mental health and behavioral issues can lead to actions and consequences that have long-lasting effects. When teenagers fail to get the help they need by attending boarding schools for troubled youths, they may quickly become one of these sobering statistics:
- 1 in 5 teens suffer with depression.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for American teens.
- 2% of teens have bipolar disorder.
- 28% of teens drink alcohol by 8th grade.
- 15% of teens smoke cigarettes 8th grade.
- 16.5% of teens use marijuana by 8th grade.